Friday, November 27, 2009

Customize me: Nike x Yoa Customs Edward Scissorhands


edwardscissohands-5-530x397

I personally thought this was brilliant! I have long been a fan of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp’s collaborations and seeing these just blew me away. Amazing!

I found this customized pair over at YoaKustoms. Obviously, the artist was inspired by the film and therefore went to incorporate these in his sneakers. Edward Scissorhands’ portrait looked striking but disturbing as well. Anyone familiar with the movie would say there is an eerie accuracy here that is brilliant but at the same time disconcerting because of the deep scars that resulted from Edward’s own disability. The tongue tag features a yellow butterfly which was an ubiquitous element in the movie posters.

edwardscissohands-4-530x397

edwardscissohands-3

edwardscissohands-2-530x397

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment